Rope Access training details
Levels of qualification:
Basically there are three types of levels in IRATA certification for rope access.
Level 1 rope access technician
A level 1 rope access technician shall be capable of performing a limited range of rope access tasks required by his or her employers, under the supervision of an IRATA level 3 rope access technician. He/she is: responsible for inspections of all his/her own personal rope access equipment; able to assist in rigging and non-standard operations, under the guidance of a higher grade; able to undertake a rescue involving descent by him/herself and have a knowledge of hauling systems.
Level 2 rope access technician and
A level 2 rope access technician shall be capable of rigging working ropes, undertaking rescues and performing rope access tasks (under the supervision of an IRATA level 3 rope access technician). He/she should have some knowledge of legislation, safety requirements and quality assurance procedures relating to rope access.
Level 3 rope access technician
• A level 3 rope access technician shall: • be capable of site supervision for rope access work projects; • be conversant with relevant work techniques and legislation; • be able to demonstrate all the skills and knowledge required of levels 1 and 2; • have a comprehensive knowledge of advanced rescue techniques; • hold an appropriate current first aid certificate, to show that suitable emergency first aid training has been undertaken; • have knowledge of the IRATA certification scheme;
Job Opportunities in rope access
Most of the Indian nationalities will be working in abroad and other nationalities also will come for training from different part of the world.
Since the irata certification is well known worldwide by the employers it is easy to get placed immediately across the globe.
The rope access certified professional has opportunity in various sectors and some of them are listed below.
Area of Job opportunity:
- Non-Destructive Testing (NDT)
- Structural and Tank inspections
- Bridge inspection
- Sealant installation and surface preparation
- Sand blasting and pressure washing
- Cleaning and painting
- Maintenance and repair
- Window cleaning
- Instrument installation
- Blasting and Painting
- Rock scaling and anchoring
- Offshore Installation
- Windmill Maintenance
- Geological surveys